Hello all,

My name is Saurav Sachidanand and I wish to participate in GSoC 2018.
I'm intrigued with the Histogram Performance Counter project. I've
previously worked with HdrHistorgram [1], which is a histogram
implementation that can record integer and float values with high range and
precission, with fixed space and time costs. Implementations in several
languages exist, but not in C++. The reference Java version [2] provides
several more features, including a concurrent version of the histogram.
Would implementing a generic C++ concurrent HdrHistgram perforamance
counter, supporting all features from the Java version and utilizing HPX's
APIs, be a useful addition?

This idea came to mind beacuse I participated in GSoC last year [3], where
I built a Performance Co-Pilot instrumentation library in Rust, and I had
to integrate HdrHistogram into the API [4].

Any guidance and feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Saurav

[1] - https://hdrhistogram.github.io/HdrHistogram/
[2] - https://github.com/HdrHistogram/HdrHistogram