From: Jim Cole [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 27 June 2007 07:25
To: van der Werf, Bettina
Cc: htdig-general@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [htdig] Htdig 3.1.6 configure error on Solaris 10

On Jun 26, 2007, at 2:15 AM, van der Werf, Bettina wrote:

> I am now trying to configure and compile htdig 3.1.6 on Solaris 10
> (Generic_118833-03)
>
> The configure program gives me the following error:
>
> configure: error: To compile ht://Dig, you will need a C++ library.
> Try
> installing libstdc++.

Have you tried the configure command shown in http://www.htdig.org/
FAQ.html#q3.8? The phrasing of the FAQ is a little dated, but the extra
settings do solve one of the problems that lead to the above message.

> Why does it say this? I thought libstdc++ was part of gcc now. I have
> /opt/sft/bin on my path.

The fact that gcc is installed does not necessarily mean that g++ and
libstdc++ are also installed. I can't speak for the Solaris
specifics; it has been years since I worked on a Solaris box. Is g++ (or
c++) present in the same directory as gcc? If so, I would assume
libstdc++ is in fact installed and the problem is one of environment
settings rather than installed software.

Jim

                 IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and should be
read only by those persons to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by way of reply. Please also
destroy and delete the message from your computer.  Any unauthorised form of
reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the
information provided before loading on to any computer system.  No warranty is
given or made by Asgard Wealth Solutions Limited, Asgard Capital Management
Limited or SECURITOR Financial Group Limited that the information is free of a
virus or any other defect or error and they will not be liable for the proper
and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication,
nor for any delay in its receipt.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifically states they are the views of Asgard Wealth
Solutions Limited, Asgard Capital Management Limited or SECURITOR Financial
Group Limited, as the case may be.