On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 18:53 -0400, Tony Thompson wrote: > I am using HTTPClient 3.1. I have an application that does NTLM > authentication. I am posting data with the HTTPClient using a stream > that is not buffered. If the web server requires an NTLM handshake, I > get an "unbuffered entity enclosing request" exception (makes sense). > So, after searching the mailing list archives, I thought I could use > "Expect: continue" so the NTLM negotiation could happen before my > content was posted. It does not appear to work properly. On a > connection that has already been authenticated (i.e. I don't need to > authenticate the POST request), the conversation looks like this: > > POST request (headers only) --> server > client <-- HTTP 100 > POST content --> server > client <-- HTTP 200 > > So, if you can make sense of that, it appears the server (IIS 6.0) will > deal with expect continue correctly. So, if the connection needs to be > authenticated, here is what happens: > > POST request (headers only) --> server > client <-- HTTP 401 > POST content (content is junk) --> server > client <-- HTTP 400 > > I am not sure why content is posted in response to a 401. Also, the > content that is posted is the request headers that were sent in step #1 > not the actual content (that is why I said it was junk above). > > Any idea why this might be happening? I can't buffer the content > without causing major issues with my application so the expect continue > solution sounds perfect, if it can be made to work. >
Tony, Please post a wire/context log of that session. I'll try to find time to take a look http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/logging.html Oleg > Thanks > Tony > > This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the > use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may > contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or > constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient > you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or > distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, > is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, > please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting > it from your computer. Messages sent to and from Stoneware, Inc. > may be monitored. --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
