Hi Pablo,
    Can you elaborate a little on your criticism of snakes?

Is the problem:
- That the polyline formulation cannot describe a good solution at all?
- That the size of the state space in the current implementation is
too restrictive?
- That the current implementation's cost functions do not correlate
with a good solution?
- That the current implementation's GDA solver is insufficiently
powerful to find a good answer to the optimization problem?
- something else?

It seems to me that the "best" seamline can be modeled as a polyline,
and the search space can be defined in such a way as to include the
"best" seam as a possibility. I admit that the current search space
definition is a little rough, and that the GDA is buggy and needs
parameter tuning. I think the hard part is defining what is "best" and
turning that into equations. But surely the graph cut approach has
this same requirement?

Andrew