Yuv,

APPro beats Hugin in alignment hands down.  There is no contest there.  It
matters not what CP detector one uses (with exception of GeoDiasy (untested)).
Feed it the same images from two different directories so there is no
contamination, and APPro comes out on top every time.

In truth, if APPro exports a file in a format Hugin is able to read, it would
be benficial to use APPro first for CP detection and alignment Hugin for fine
tuning the alignment with the use of manual CP and then use smartblend or
enblend to "brush out" unwanted areas.

Hugin has a problem with feature creep.  Normally one sees OSS projects with
this issue after it address it's core objective.  In truth, Hugin met it's
initial objective (0.7.x) but for whatever reason which users don't understand
and don't have the programming experience to examine code, Hugin isn't
currently accomplishing this goal.  I've tested it and posted my results to the
list.

btw, I use ubuntu,  built my own LFS system in 2003, had some introduction to
C++ programing in college, wrote some interesting scripts, worked on OS400 CISC
to RISC conversions, etc. and enjoye a good GUI.  I sit between worlds,
user/tester/dev/  I'm an oldie who doesn't need to prove anything, but would
enjoy just using the software.

Dale