2010/9/29 Yuval Levy <goo...@levy.ch>

> On September 28, 2010 06:55:33 pm ArAgost wrote:
> > While it's great to have an out-of-
> > the-box working Mac binary, it baffles me why the Hugin website only
> > links to the 0.8.0 binaries (!) and we have to scavenge on Harry's
> > personal site.
>
> first of all, Harry has upload access to the official Hugin website.  If he
> has not added a binary there, it is probably because he has other things to
> do.
>
> for the rest, I will let Harry answer the why and how.  All I can say is:
> don't worry about scavenging his personal site.  THe HTML is there, but the
> binaries themselves are on the panotools.org server.
>
> Yuv

I just checked and I don't understand where the 0.8 comes from.

If you download from hugin.sourceforge.net from the download page (Get hugin
now), it will automatically download the latest >official< version for your
platform, which is "2010.0" for OSX (as that's the current official
release), and which is 2009-4-0 (Hugin_2009-4-0_win32_setup.exe) for windows
as that's obviously the latest official build.

If you go to the site using a a linux/un*x/*bsd/solaris box you'll get the
2010.0.0.tar.gz,
if you use windows box you'll get a 2009-4-0 executable,
if you go to the site using a fine piece of art running MacOSX you'll get a
2010.0.0 dmg.
(I tested them all)

But it's never 0.8.

Can you please explain where this 0.8 is mentioned or linked (or whatever)?

Harry