In addition, other programs often use date/time of photo as an
indication of loading to the grid.  For example, the first photo having
a time of 11:00 and the next having a time of 11:00:15 would indicate
the first and next photos of the set, and their relationship to one
another.  This method is can also be used to extract multiple pano's
from a group of photos.  One would expect photos taken on the 1st of the
month to be a set and photos taken on the second of the month to be a
set as well.

Using a date/time sequence, when photo 12 and photo 13 does not match,
one can assume a new row.

One only needs to indicate direction at this point.