I was finally able to compile (statically!) all that is necessary to
run enfuse on an embedded ARM box. It's quite slow and a simple gprof
shows:

Each sample counts as 0.01 seconds.
  %   cumulative   self              self     total
 time   seconds   seconds    calls   s/call   s/call  name
 23.07     11.91    11.91                             __adddf3
 15.92     20.13     8.22                             __divdf3
 11.22     25.92     5.79                             __muldf3
  4.53     28.26     2.34                             __aeabi_fadd
  4.20     30.43     2.17                             __ieee754_exp
  3.25     32.11     1.68                             __cmpdf2

and only after this, the first "real" enfuse function starts. It seems
the 'emulation' of FPU instructions takes over 60% of processing time.

Now: any advice how to reduce the impact of FP? Can't enfuse use
'float' instead of 'double' for example? Or integers :)

bye, thank you
as