Re: Hugin GUI for novices
Over the last 4 years I've taken the journey from novice to producing
a number of spherical HDR panoramas successfully.
For the complete novice, hugin isn't too hard to learn, but there are
some confusing options on the stitch panel.
The learning experience taught me a lot about taking the photos to use
in the panorama.
I think a key challenge for novices is finding out how much Hugin can
do with the photos they have taken - e.g are the problems fixable with
software or does the scene need to be re-shot?
I can't see any silver bullet way to make this aspect easier.

Having said that a link on each stitch option that leads to a page in
the manual, preferably with illustrations might help the learning
curve. Some photo examples could make this easier to understand. And
it would also be handy to clearly state where the stitch option isn't
appropriate, or won't work.