I had that happen just this past Saturday. Turned out that the last frame had only about 20-30 pixel overlap with the previous one. So I loaded the images, then manually added some control points between the last frame and its predecessor. Then I ran the Assistant on it and everything optimized just fine.

Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola) wrote:
Yes, usually it optimizes, but sometimes, when it doesn't find CPs on all images I guess the optimization is not done. It gives a message that it found some separated groups of images or something like that. In this case you will need to mark some more CPs manually and then optimize.

Cheers,

Carlos E G Carvalho (Cartola)
http://cartola.org/360

2011/11/7 Gnome Nomad <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>

    Thomas Pryds wrote:

        2011/11/4 kfj <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
        <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>>

           Are you sure you ran the optimizer after generating the CPs?
        Having
           the CPs per se doesn't 'move' the images, only after
        optimization they
           have y, p and r values to spread them out on the panosphere. Try
           optimizing once with the default setting and take it from there.


        On the contrary, I'm sure I *didn't* run the optimizer. Also,
        I'm sure I didn't do so the other times when I used the
        assistant and the images did find their place on the panosphere,
        but now that I know I have to, everything seems to work for me
        again :-)


    I believe the assistant runs optimization as part of its process. At
    least it always seems to do that for me.


--
Gnome Nomad
[email protected]
wandering the landscape of god
http://www.cafepress.com/otherend/

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hugin and 
other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to