On a recent trip I was very restricted with the luggage I carried, so my
photography equipment was limited to an iPhone 5 with two add-on lenses. I
like to shoot spherical panoramas, normally using a canon SLR with
full-frame fisheye lens and Manfrotto spherical pano head.
I had some success with just the iPhone.
However one technique is proving difficult, and I want advice from
experienced Hugin users to solve this one.

My problem is stitching cylindrical panoramas shot using the iPhone 5's
panorama shooting function. This generates cylindrical panoramas of up to
240 degrees, but usually with wavy horizons.
>From hilltop positions, I shot 3 iPhone 5 panos which overlapped, intending
to stitch them together in Hugin or PtGui into a single 360 degree
cylindrical panorama.
They are the first 3 in this album:
http://s198.beta.photobucket.com/user/rich_the_stitch/library/Pano%20projects

However I'm having unexpected difficulties generating control points for
such images and aligning them.
After manually creating control points, the optimiser doesn't want to bend
any cylindrical image to join with the others (wavy horizon). Any
suggestions about what to do?
PTgui is even less suitable because of it's design to use one lens for all
photos.
All I can think of is to manually shear the photos in Photoshop to have a
straight horizon. I tried had to keep the horizon straight, but I do not
believe it is possible to reliably achieve the necessary quality hand-held.

The other techniques I had success with were:
- Shoot a series of images and stitch them using Autostitch/PTGui/Hugin
into a cylindrical panorama
- Shoot a partial cylindrical panorama with iPhone panorama mode.
- Shoot a series of images with fisheye 180 degree lens attached, correct
CA in Photochop CS6, stitch with PTGui
- Shoot a pano live with the 360 app (no add-on lens)
- Shoot a series of images with iPhone standard lens and make into a
photosynth with Microsoft Photosynth web app.
- Shoot 3D by shifting weight from left to right foot and combining images
using Stereo Photo Maker software.
Not bad for such a small range of equipment

Thanks in advance,
Richard