Hi Paul

On 13.04.2015 10:57, bugbear wrote:
> paul womack wrote:
>> I just updated my PPA per
>>
>> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_Ubuntu#Shortcut
>>
>> and updated Hugin.
>>
>> And I'm now getting an assertion error when running Hugin. I don't
>> know what
>> my previous (non-assertion-throwing) Hugin version was.
>>
>> Any help (including going back a version or two) gratefully accepted.
>>
>> I've attached the detailed dumps and versions at the end of this email.
>
> Summary; ppa:hugin/next works, ppa:hugin/hugin-builds throws the assertion.

Can you give some more information regarding what assertions are thrown
and in what circumstances? I know that there is a problem with using the
about dialog in the version from the hugin-builds version:

/usr/include/wx-3.0/wx/object.h(160): assert "wxDynamicCast(ptr, T)"
failed in wxCheckCast(): wxStaticCast() used incorrectly

but I'm not aware of any other problem in the 2014.0.0 version from
hugin-builds. And I use it myself under 14.04.2 LTS

With kind regards

Stefan Peter

--
Any technology that does not appear magical is insufficiently advanced."
~ Gregory Benford

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/552C117E.6080501%40swissonline.ch.