On Thursday,  6 September 2018 at  8:58:30 -0700, T. Modes wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> Am Donnerstag, 6. September 2018 07:12:04 UTC+2 schrieb Groogle:
>>
>> TO HUGIN DEVELOPERS: It seems to me that there are bugs involved here,
>> possibly relating to circular fisheye lenses.  I take photos with full
>> frame fisheyes on a regular basis, and though I have issues that may
>> be related (and which I will report when I have investigated
>> sufficiently), I have never seen anything like this.  In particular
>> the lack of recognition of the field of view and the the initial
>> panorama previews look like bugs to me.
>
> The first one is due to the check of plausibility of the EXIF data. This
> was too hard. I relaxed the check.

What was the issue?  The Exif data looked fine to me.

> The second one is no bug. If you don't crop the black border, this is was
> you get - GIGO.

This has nothing to do with the border.  Did you check the images to
which I referred?  They're completely wrong, nothing like the stitched
result.

> (Using the crop has the advantage that the crop is remembered when
> you stitch a project and then loaded automatically when you load
> images from the same lens the next time.)

There seems to be a discontinuity here.  I crop completed panos, not
individual images.  Are you talking about the latter?

Greg

--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger groog...@gmail.com for PGP public key.