On Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 11:48:46 AM UTC-5 T. Modes wrote:

> The disabling of the magnifier for the 200 % view was added as a feature
> request. So there are uses which prefer this.

I really hate that feature and I don't even get why someone else might like
it (unlike the timer feature, where I understand the purpose and just don't
like it).  BUT, that option is not too ugly to include within the choices
for relative zoom of the magnifier.

> Please, one change - one changeset. Do not mix things in one changeset.

I'm now intending one change for managing and implementing settings for the
behavior of the magnifier.  I hope that is self contained enough.

The relative zoom part of that would be immediately testable and even have
some narrow use case before I commit the change (that I'm already using
myself) for overall zoom of 400% or 800%.  But most of the reason for
relative zoom won't exist until 400% and 800% are available for overall
zoom.