I don't understand your question and/or your intent.
You have a panorama that has been formed into a reasonable single image by
some projection.  You want to add an image to fill the hole on top, which I
expect means that same projection would no longer be reasonable.  I think
no projection would give desirable results.
That is the reason panorama viewing programs exist, rather than always
projecting the whole panorama onto a single flat image.

If your intent is to use some panorama viewing program and to use hugin to
prepare your panorama for use in that program, I'm sure someone here (not
me) can give you some pointers to existing instructions for doing so.  But
they probably won't unless you make it clear that is the question you are
really asking.

If you instead are asking for the magic projection that makes more than
half of a sphere into a not-terribly-distorted flat image, I don't think it
exists, especially since you don't want the focus to be on the pole, but
the pole would be the center of the flattened half+ sphere.