On Sunday, July 31, 2022 at 2:49:59 PM UTC-4 irthoma...@gmail.com wrote:

> I see, thank you for the detailed reply. Does that mean that you are
> working with jpg files? I haven't dug into the code. Why not just use some
> temporary folder for the tiffs, and erase them when finished?
>
> I never think I'm "finished".  I haven't yet gotten a single panorama as
correct as it looks like it could have been.  So they are all sitting
around waiting for me to try some improvement either to Hugin itself or to
my skill at using hugin.
I do work mainly with the jpg files.  The fact that RawTherapee (at least
on default settings) doesn't do the noise reduction and interpolation as
well as the camera does itself, combines with the inconvenience of keeping
the temp files around.
In other cases, the jpg has lost too much detail in the darker sections
(because 8 bits just isn't enough) so pre-converting to tiff is necessary.