Hi! I did some more research here and I also triggered some error log which
I put into pastebin for viewing.
https://pastebin.com/uhnbA5Jr

I also notice following. Reducing file size to around 3000 pixels from 4000
pixels processes the file just fine with --gpu enabled. So I guess size
matters here? Maybe related to some race condition in graphic card/memory?
Only speculating here.

Also triggered debug log message: *narrowing channel width for output as
"uint8"*

What you say T. Modes? you seem to be well aquinted with code around here
:).
Regards
/Daniel