Jeff Squyres, le Wed 25 Apr 2012 16:55:23 +0200, a écrit :
> On Apr 25, 2012, at 10:48 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>
> >> FWIW: Having lstopo plugins for output would obviate the need for having
> >> two executable names.
> >
> > Well, it seems overkill to me.  It makes sense to me to have both
> > xlstopo and lstopo.
>
> Ick.  FWIW, I dislike having two executables.  I like having one executable
> that can adapt itself to whatever is loaded / available on the system.  :-)

It already adapts itself, here.  The issue is that the user has to
install an X version to get potential for X support.  Which brings X.
If you do this with plugins, and you want automatic adaptation to
whether X is there, you'll have to install the plugin (it can't install
itself magically). And then that brings X too...

> But if I'm in the minority, no problem...
>
> If I'm not, I can work on a patch to see if it would be horribly disruptive...

It would most probably not be, we already use a backend style, so it's a
matter of putting the code in separate plugins.

Samuel