Le 25/09/2012 01:42, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
>> 2) Plugin support
> One thing that doesn't seem implemented yet is to choose another OS core
> plugin, e.g. to use x86 detection on Linux instead of /proc or /sys
> detection.  This will be the same kind of thing with likwid / servet
> -based OS core plugins.  I have gotten the x86 detection code to get
> enabled with the attached code, which should be reproducable with other
> OSes which support CPU binding.  How does it look like?

Indeed, I forget about this idea since Antoine didn't look at it at all.
Most of your code looks good. I just noted 2 points:
* Why not keeping the linux-x86 component always statically build? We
could even keep it inside topology-linux.c if they share a lot.
* Your HWLOC_PLUGINS variable is not about loading plugins, it's about
enabling core components. If it's only about changing the core OS
component, a single value is enough (a single core OS component is
used). If it's also about forcing additional core components (pci, cuda,
for instance to change their order?), we'll likely have to check that
we're not instantiating the the same one multiple times.

Brice