Samuel Thibault, le Tue 25 Sep 2012 08:43:05 +0200, a écrit :
> > * Your HWLOC_PLUGINS variable is not about loading plugins, it's about
> > enabling core components. If it's only about changing the core OS
> > component, a single value is enough (a single core OS component is
> > used). If it's also about forcing additional core components (pci, cuda,
> > for instance to change their order?), we'll likely have to check that
> > we're not instantiating the the same one multiple times.
>
> I guess I misunderstood when exactly which plugins are loaded, some
> documentation might be useful.  Does hwloc just load all plugins it
> finds in its path?  What makes it load the pci plugins, and not the
> linuxx86 plugin?

Also, I guess that we probably want that some plugins be enabled by
default if they are found (because they add useful information but
depend on an external dep), and that some others are not enabled by
default (because they add information, but e.g. to the expense of
computation time, due to e.g. measurements etc.).

Samuel