Hello,

My hx4700 with Familiar-0.8.4 has the stuck-key problem (after resume a
stream of up arrows is sent to X clients, though it eventually dries
up).

I've installed the familiar-build OE setup, added the navpoint.c patch
posted recently, done 'bitbake handhelds-pxa-2.6', & run
ipkg-make-index.

I haven't yet done 'ipkg install kernel-image-2.6', because I'm a bit
nervous, knowing that it will overwrite the existing zImage-2.6.15-hh2 &
/lib/modules/2.6.15-hh2 (I bumped the version from r2 to r3).

I'm posting to ask for advice about how to recover if I end up with an
unbootable system.

Can I use the bootloader to copy Familiar from flash to an SD or CF card,
& then copy it back if the kernel install fails?

I'm guessing this might be tricky, because when I backed up MSWin, it
was to an SD card (following the HpIpaqHx4700OriginalBootloader page),
but when I loaded Familiar, it was from a CF card (following the
HpIpaqHx4700HowtoInstallLinux page).

Thanks for any help,
Brian Keck