Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:
> I've just discovered XLIFF, and am looking to see if it's a better
> solution...
> but I wanted to put this out there for discussion/review.

For the record:  I'm giving up on XLIFF for now.  There doesn't appear to be
enough F/OSS infrastructure for conververting DocBook -> XLIFF, and then
merging
it back in.  If we go the XLIFF route, we'll need to create many of the tools
we
need.  (This floors me... I can't even find an XSL stylesheet to convert
DocBook
to XLIFF.)

So, I'm now recommending we use PO files for managing the translations of the
manual and tutorial.

Thanks,
Gabriel