Hi guys.

I'm suffering to get Xlib use my locales. If someone knows of a document describing
the relation between the different locale.alias/locale.dir/compose.dir files,
and the correct filenames necessary to get everything working, I'd appreciate a
note.

Meanwhile, I've solved part of the problem, but still get

Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

I've done hours of searching on the 'net and tracing the code, but I cannot
find the motive. I get hopelessly lost in ISO-8859-1, ISO8859-1, iso8859-1,
and other forms of writing.

Data: I've configured LC_ALL and LANG as en_US.ISO-8859-1, under Xfree86 4.1.0
A simple test program:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <X11/Xlib.h>
#include <X11/Xlocale.h>

int main () {
  if (setlocale(LC_ALL, "en_US.ISO-8859-1") == NULL) {
    printf("C library: locale not supported\n");
  }
  if (XSupportsLocale()) {
    printf("XLibrary: Yes...\n");
  } else {
    printf("XLibrary: No such luck\n");
  }
}

XSupportsLocale marks no luck. I've tried quite a few additions to the 
/usr/X11/lib/X11/locale/locale.alias, locale.dir files. Could someone point
me in the right direction?

John
_______________________________________________
I18n mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/i18n

Reply via email to