> Data: I've configured LC_ALL and LANG as en_US.ISO-8859-1, under Xfree86 4.1.0
> A simple test program:
> 
> XSupportsLocale marks no luck. I've tried quite a few additions to the 
> /usr/X11/lib/X11/locale/locale.alias, locale.dir files. Could someone point
> me in the right direction?

X11:
Adding the lines
        iso8859-1/XLC_LOCALE:   en_US.ISO-8859-1
and 
        iso8859-1/XLC_LOCALE   en_US.ISO-8859-1
to 
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/locale.dir
did the trick for me.
I added them right below the lines
   iso8859-1/XLC_LOCALE:   en_US.ISO8859-1
(there's one line with and one line without colon).

C-library:
If you want xterm to start without complaining about C library not
supporting locale add
        en_US.ISO-8859-1 en_US
to /usr/share/locale/locale.alias.

Generating a new locale with
        localedef -c -i en_US -f ISO-8859-1 /usr/lib/locale/en_US.ISO-8859-1
should work, also.
Use
        LC_ALL=en_US.ISO-8859-1 locale charmap
to make sure, charmap is really ISO-8859-1.
Or if en_US has charmap ISO-8859-1 you can simply create a softlink.

Cheers,
Kerstin
.
_______________________________________________
I18n mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/i18n

Reply via email to