Kaixo!

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 02:15:36PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:

> > > Thus, I think we need bi-width or variable-width fonts which covers
> >
> > You only need that for charcell fonts. I have already seen Japanese text
>
> My intention is mainly on variable-width fonts.  So far XFree86

I mean for variable width fonts you don't need to worry about "single width"
and "double width" variants of latin/greek/cyrillic/katakana scripts; that
concept simply doesn't apply for variable width fonts.

> In short, I want an iso10646 substitution of a font named "variable".

Is that alias already in use ?
I would prefer "sans" as the default variable width font.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.srtxg.easynet.be/            PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975