Hi,

At Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:54:56 +0530 (IST),
Aravind Menon wrote:

>       I am working on a project that involves changing Xlib to support Indian
> locales. I am quite new to i18n and would like to get technical information
> about the existing i18n framework, specifically the internal mechanisms and
> architecture.
>       Where can I find the above information.

Sorry, people here seem not to be interested in supporting "complex"
languages such as Arab/Hebrew and Indic in Xlib level or some other
similarly basic level.  Though I am interested in, I don't have enough
skill (I am relatively a newcomer to this list).

Though there are a few projects to support "complex" languages like
Pango (http://www.pango.org/ it is not living now?), I think ST project
(http://stsf.sourceforge.net/) is the one which you may like best.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>