Hi Susan,

I deeply apology for not having read carefully the
draft-hares-i2nsf-ddos-yang-dm-00, but my understanding is that our
protocol would – for example – end up in agreeing using inter-cloud-ddos
NSF with the inter-cloud-ddos NETCONF/YANG model. The remaining
configuration NETCONF/YANG will be done outside of our protocol.

We wondered whether using YANG or JSON and we decided to use JSON as
YANG seemed to us non appropriated for our protocol. That said we
might be completely wrong and would be happy to change if necessary.
The reasoning behind was:
I saw NETCONF/YANG as one way to get operational data or to push a
configuration. In our case, the collaboration agreement seemed
different from a configuration file as a given attribute may have a
preset of values. “A”, “B”, “C” and “D”, but the cloud and the
cloudlet may have different policies regarding the attribute. For
example the cloud only accepts “A” “B” and “C” and the cloudlet only
accepts “C” and “D”. In that sense, the purpose of the our protocol is
to let the cloud announce to the cloudlet that it only accepts answers
that are in “A” “B” “C” , and let the cloudlet responds with “C”.

One way to do that in YANG would be to have attributes like:

Attribute-proposal-list and Attribute-chosen, but I am not sure that
is really appropriated.

We are happy to receive feed back on your opinion using YANG/JSON!

BR,
Daniel