From: I2nsf [mailto:i2nsf-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Migault
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:08 AM
To: Susan Hares
Cc: i2nsf@ietf.org; Alireza Ranjbar; Linda Dunbar
Subject: Re: [I2nsf] Is the "Security Service Function (SSF)" in
draft-mglt-i2nsf-ssf-collaboration same as the NSF defined by the
I2NSF-problem-and-use-cases?

Hi Susan,

I deeply apology for not having read carefully the
draft-hares-i2nsf-ddos-yang-dm-00, but my understanding is that our protocol
would – for example – end up in agreeing using inter-cloud-ddos NSF with the
inter-cloud-ddos NETCONF/YANG model. The remaining configuration NETCONF/YANG
will be done outside of our protocol.

We wondered whether using YANG or JSON and we decided to use JSON as YANG
seemed to us non appropriated for our protocol. That said we might be
completely wrong and would be happy to change if necessary. The reasoning
behind was:
I saw NETCONF/YANG as one way to get operational data or to push a
configuration. In our case, the collaboration agreement seemed different from a
configuration file as a given attribute may have a preset of values. “A”, “B”,
“C” and “D”, but the cloud and the cloudlet may have different policies
regarding the attribute. For example the cloud only accepts “A” “B” and “C” and
the cloudlet only accepts “C” and “D”. In that sense, the purpose of the our
protocol is to let the cloud announce to the cloudlet that it only accepts
answers that are in “A” “B” “C” , and let the cloudlet responds with “C”.
One way to do that in YANG would be to have attributes like:
Attribute-proposal-list and Attribute-chosen, but I am not sure that is really
appropriated.

We are happy to receive feed back on your opinion using YANG/JSON!

BR,

Daniel