Dear Linda:

Please see my comments inline.

> El 11 oct 2016, a las 0:13, Linda Dunbar <linda.dun...@huawei.com> escribió:
>
> Sowmini,
>
> Here are the answers to your questions are inserted below:

[Rafa] In my opinion, NSF facing related drafts. In fact,
draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection focuses on the interaction between
the security controller and the NSF.

> However, we are looking for your response to the question that was sent to
> you offline. I am including that question here, in case it slipped through
> the cracks due to its absence on the list.
>
> [Linda] My answers are inserted below:

[Rafa] Mine, as well. Please see inline.

> Please provide the clarification requested below.
>
>> Subject: Re: Next steps about SDN and IPSec
>> From: Rafa Marin Lopez <r...@um.es>
>> Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 23:59:14 +0200
>> Cc: Rafa Marin Lopez <r...@um.es>, Gabriel Lopez <gab...@um.es>,
>>        Sowmini Varadhan <sowmini.varad...@oracle.com>,
>>        David Carrel <dcar...@viptela.com>
>>
>> Hi Linda:
>>> El 30 sept 2016, a las 22:20, Linda Dunbar <linda.dun...@huawei.com>
>>> escribi
>>>
>>> Rafa,
>>>
>>> Is your draft to address the 3.1.10 of the I2NSF problem statement =
>>> (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2nsf-problem-and-use-c
>>> ases/)
>>
>> [Rafa] As you well know our I-D is focused on IPsec management.
>> Nevertheless, we feel that i2nsf scope in key distribution is broader
>> (though the current text in section 3.1.10 is perhaps focused on
>> routing In this sense, our I-D is focused in the details of IPsec SAs,
>> which is just one example of the  need of key distribution based on SDNs.
>>
>> Therefore, regarding your question, are you looking for a more general
>> I-D to cover 3.1.10? Or would you expect several I-Ds covering
>> different aspects of key distribution?
>
> [Linda]  Section 3.1.10 should be broader than your draft. As long as your
> draft fits in the description, it would be helpful if you can move your draft
> further with data model or (at least the information model).

[Rafa] It definitely fits in the description. Therefore, following your advice
we should work with data model and/or information model.

>>> Please provide comment to the draft if the description is not quite
>>> right. We are about to call WGLC for the revised version.
>>
>> [Rafa] Generally speaking, I think the text seems focused in routing.
>> In any case, we can provide more detailed comments about this section
>> in the mailing list.
>>
> [Linda] can you provide the suggested text for the section? That would be
> very helpful.

[Rafa] I already provided those suggestions, but we haven’t received any
comments yet. Please see:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/i2nsf/KYKDe3as2tNa4tqpl70y5vwphqw

Gabi also provided his comments in:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/i2nsf/V1fdfzv4vPppuSQLzOMfWFnxYxk

Another suggestion is that, perhaps, this IPsec use case could be included
somehow in section 4 as an example to cover "section 3.1.9 Lack of Mechanism
for Dynamic Key Distribution to NSFs”.

What do you think?.

Best Regards.

>> Best Regards.

Rafael Marin Lopez, PhD
Dept. Information and Communications Engineering (DIIC)
Faculty of Computer Science-University of Murcia
30100 Murcia - Spain
Telf: +34868888501 Fax: +34868884151 e-mail: r...@um.es