Hi all,

The main reason for publishing an information model is to support multiple
data models that are derived from it.

I realize that the IETF is worried mainly about YANG data models. That is
perfectly well and good. However, security controllers will need to
interface with compute, storage, and other systems that have poor (if any)
YANG coverage. As soon as I go into a data center or a cloud, YANG is
simply not used for compute and storage solutions.

This means that we can either ignore that, and build a silo, or take it
into account, or not.

   If we choose to ignore, there is no reason to publish the info model.
   If we choose not to ignore, and want to support other data models, then
we SHOULD publish the info model as well. Even if we only have 1 data model
now.

Hence, I personally would prefer two publications - one for the info model,
and one for the YANG data model.

best,
John

regards,