Thanks, all, for the useful comments about this document.

It seems clear that there is support for developing this work and producing a
data model for monitoring.

Two points:

1. As noted by Sue, there is a BoF/WG planned for IETF-98 on "Security Events".
I suggest you go to that. I will also make sure the AD is aware of the potential

2. It seems reasonable to me that producing an information model (such as in
draft-zhang-i2nsf-info-model-monitoring) is a useful step toward producing a
data model. I have no objection to using a structured approach. However, my
question about "publication" could be phrased as follows:
- Suppose we decide we want a data model for monitoring
- Suppose we use draft-zhang-i2nsf-info-model-monitoring to guide
   our work on that data model
- Suppose that we push ahead with the data model quite soon so
   that it starts to catch up with the info model
If all of those things apply, why would we need to publish an RFC that captures
the information model given that we will be publishing a data model shortly
Presumably, once the data model is published, no one will ever read the
information model.
So the information model would be a valuable document working document in which
the WG would capture its thoughts and consensus, but would be discarded once the
work to make the data model was complete.

Or am I wrong?