Hello.

Je 2015-09-06 08:20:53
Jeff Abrahamson <j...@purple.com> skribis:

> When you say "big picture mode", I understand what i3 calls fullscreen mode
> <https://i3wm.org/docs/userguide.html#_toggling_fullscreen_mode_for_a_window>
> .
> Does it work for you simply to switch to full screen after game launch?
>
> I think I remember seeing some hooks that permit you to match certain
> actions to certain events.  I can't find the documentation now, but maybe
> someone else can fill in.  So I think you can express "when this type of
> window maps, I'd like this action (toggle fullscreen) to happen".  (Or
> maybe I'm thinking of workspace assignment
> <https://i3wm.org/docs/userguide.html#_automatically_putting_clients_on_specific_workspaces>
> and I'm wrong.)
(…)

You probably meant to point to this:
http://i3wm.org/docs/userguide.html#_arbitrary_commands_for_specific_windows_for_window

> On 5 September 2015 at 11:19, Liang Ying-Ruei <thumbd03...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I love i3 but this confuse me a while.
> > I's possible to enter big picture mode with fullscreen enable, but
> > after launching game i3 won't focus to the new window but stay.
> > Is there any config or workaround that could provide the best
> > experience for big picture mode on i3?

As far as I understand, (and I don’t know what you mean by big picture
mode, so I’ll just assume you mean fullscreen mode) you are trying
to launch a program with a fullscreen window while running another
program, which already has a fullscreen window. By default i3 prevents
that, as usually when you make a window fullscreen, this means you want
to completely focus on it, and anything that tries to steal that focus
is inhibited. However, this behaviour can be changed. For details, see:
http://i3wm.org/docs/userguide.html#_popups_during_fullscreen_mode

--
Mateusz Poszwa