On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Michael Stapelberg <mich...@i3wm.org> wrote:
> The recommended way is to wrap i3status as described in its manpage.

The whole purpose of `i3status` is that it's lightweight both in terms
of resources and OS calls.  Wrapping it in a script that each second
spawns a bunch of processes just to add memory usage is counter to its
purpose...

But anyway, as this is an open-source project where development is
done voluntarily (and for free), and as I don't have time right now to
patch it, I'll live it at this...  (Moreover as with the previous
patches there is a high chance the patch won't be accepted in
upstream, leaving me to maintain my own fork of it, which I have even
less time for...)  :)

However I would like to ask the developers to please reconsider adding
such a basic and useful piece of information.  (But as said I'll live
this here.)

Thanks for i3,
Ciprian.