P Hertzel wrote:
At 03:31 PM 2/28/2010, Paul Roisen wrote:
Weather was incredible though. Also, NORTH still has LARGE amounts of snow compared to Des Moines.

This weekend I thought I would stay in the car, and look for signs there will be a waterfowl migration sometime soon. Late February at Clear Lake often gives a preview. Not this year. The two holes are the smallest I have ever seen them at this time of year, and between them there was one duck.
I heard that Smith Lake (north of Algona) hosted a wandering group of six Trumpeter Swans for a day last week around its little aerator hole. Today, I stuck my head out of my burrow, saw my shadow, and glumly headed back inside.

Matthew Kenne
Algona, Iowa
[email protected]


---
Please contribute your sightings to our list; it is only as good as members 
make it!
---
Birding channel recommendation for FRS/GMRS radio use:
Primary selection; channel 5/0 , alternate selection; channel 6/0
---
This mailing list is sponsored by the Iowa Ornithologists' Union.  Membership 
available on-line at http://www.iowabirds.org/iou/membership.asp.
-----
You are currently subscribed to ia-bird as: [email protected]

Reply via email to