I checked to see if I could find the Prairie Falcons at the Sioux Jersey
Cattle Farm today. I got there at 2:30pm and finally saw one fly in from
the west towards the farm at 3:15pm. While waiting for the Prairie Falcon
to make an appearance, I enjoyed watching both a Merlin (prairie) and an
American Kestrel, which means I saw three species of falcon from one spot.
I refound the Prairie Falcon again, this time sitting on a powerline pole
on the north side of the farm as I was leaving.

Afterwards I traveled into the Loess Hills a bit on 280th st and found a
"Red-shafted" Northern Flicker at the T intersection of 280th and Grundy
Ave.

Good Birding,

Tucker J. Lutter
Bronson, IA
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/backpackingbirdwatcher/
Blog: http://www.birdingwithtucker.blogspot.com 

---
Please contribute your sightings to our list; it is only as good as members 
make it!
---
Birding channel recommendation for FRS/GMRS radio use:
Primary selection; channel 5/0 , alternate selection; channel 6/0
---
This mailing list is sponsored by the Iowa Ornithologists' Union.  Membership 
available on-line at http://www.iowabirds.org/iou/membership.asp.
-----
You are currently subscribed to ia-bird as: [email protected]

Reply via email to