On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 8:05 PM, samson goddy <samsongo...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>  And Sean, i really want to make this madatory to all members in SL. Since
> you are in-charge of marketing how can i get started?

Samson - I'm afraid there's no mandatory anything :-) nearly all of us are
unpaid volunteers... I'm nobody's boss, and it's better that way.

The best way to ask SL members to engage, and for people to like & share
what we post, is for us to be clear about what we are doing. We shouldn't
just ask everyone to post anything. Let's assume you want to do developer
recruitment. What skills we need most right now? Shall we post a "job ad",
stating very clearly that it is an unpaid volunteer post? GSoC is underway.
Perhaps we should post something about that. But what? here's where
planning comes in. How do we show the work being done? the mentoring? in a
way that's fair to all the participants?

As I've said I think it's great you want to take initiative on social
media, even if I don't think SL can pay a salary. I myself am unable to put
in the time. I'm just trying to say we have to build stories and a little
planning goes a long way.

Sean