okay i see!

From: h...@laptop.org
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:25:38 -0400
To: iaep@lists.sugarlabs.org
Subject: [IAEP] Fwd: update about samson's contract!

From: Tony Sebro <t...@sfconservancy.org>
Date: Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: update about samson's contract!
To: Samson Goddy <samsongo...@hotmail.com>, iaep <iaep@lists.sugarlabs.org>
Cc: Adam Holt <h...@unleashkids.org>, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddr...@gmail.com>,
walter bender <wal...@sugarlabs.org>, Laura Vargas <la...@somosazucar.org>

    On 07/16/2016 01:27 PM, Samson Goddy
      wrote:

      Then, I don't seem to understand Adam's statement
        saying the contract is effective when i haven't receive any
        money to start milestone 1. I was mailed by SFC to sign some
        documents and i did! I was told that the contract is still
        pending because of Adam signature. Also Adam what sorts of
        document can i make public to the community. For me i don't know
        why is the payment still pending! it is over two months now!

    To clarify, Samson, Conservancy couldn't start the process of
    issuing payment until we had an agreement in place.  You signed your
    agreement on June 30; Karen Sandler counter-signed on July 7, after
    which I routed the agreement to Accounting for processing.  Rest
    assured that your initial payment is in the queue.

    It's my understanding that it is industry standard for organizations
    and businesses to operate on a"NET-30" basis, i.e., an entity is
    expected to issue payment within 30 days from the date of an
    agreement and/or receipt of an invoice.  We at Conservancy strive to
    be quicker than that when bandwidth allows, but given that Bradley
    (who operates as our part-time bookkeeper) has to provide support
    multiple member projects, we tend to operate within the industry
    standard.

    Best,

    -Tony

    --
Tony Sebro, General Counsel, Software Freedom Conservancy
+1-212-461-3245 x11