Hi Albert,

  Well, i'm not one of the masters of iBATIS but i'm going to try to answer
your questions.
Brandon, Larry and Clinton, please, you can slap me if i say something stupid.
;-)

  1. DAO framework and SQL Maps framework are different things. You can use
both to leverage your
application design, but, you can use anyone by itself. For example, i wrote
once an application
that used only DAO framework because i was not fetching data from a relational
database but from
an LDAP data source. Doing so, DAO framework gave me a invaluable feature:
decoupling. No matter
from where i was fetching data, my application would work the same way ever.

  2. Clinton is the right guy to answer this question. But, as far as i know,
JPetsore uses DAO
framework too. But i can be wrong (with a large probability ;-) ).

  There is a simple tutorial that can help to make some points clearer to you.
It was written by a
great guy and friend of Brandon, Larry and Clinton. His name is Rick. Look it
here:
http://www.reumann.net/struts/main.do. Pick the Struts with iBATIS tutorial.

  That was my 2 cents!

Cheers,