Actually, at one shop we did attempt to do this.  However, there were many
exits we had to write around TSO to make it work.  It was not something I
would recommend.  But if you can figure out what needs to be altered, it can
be done.  Secondly, I am not sure with OCO if it can be done anymore.

Besides, you know when a system programmer has too much time on their hands,
they tend to add exits to make the system work the way they want it to,
rather than the way IBM designed it.  ;-)

That is why I said I would recommend sticking to the 7 char or less ID
rather than try to use the 8 char ID.

Lizette Koehler