In a recent note, ibm-main said:

> Date:         Wed, 1 Jun 2005 22:43:05 +1000
>
> > ...APARs extended the rules, but it appears that such changes were not
> > reflected back to the manuals.
>
> This is a general "beef" now.
> TNLs are consigned to history. Nowadays, changes (e.g. DOC) introduced by
> APAR/PTF are only reflected *forward* (from current/next) into the manuals.
>
> Pisses me off severely that I have to seek out current level (say 1.6)
> manuals on the net to analyse messages I see on z/OS 1.4.

The word "back" was my bad choice.  I don't believe they got reflected
in any direction.  From my PMR on the problem I experienced:

     =********************* -5695DF102  -                 01/04/25-19:56-
                               ...  I suppose we could also change the
    documentation, but I'm not ready for that yet.  I'd like to first see if
    there's any additional fallout from OW46399.

OS/390 2.9.  April 2001.  Does the doc yet reflect the changes?

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL