To create an extended shelf with documents which only exist as PDFs requires that the meta data from the PDF is in the catalog. With LibraryServer 3.0 this cannot be extracted directly from the pdf (this functionality should be available with release 3.1). . The following circumvention can be used, On PC running Windows & with SoftCopyReader: - ftp the PDFs to PC running Windows using BINARY - Create an extended shelf using Create Shelf in SoftCopyReader. This will include assigning document id, Title and timestamp - ftp the .xks file to zOS HFS shelf directory (BINARY) ie directory specified in LibraryServer administration panel "Enter directories for shelves: "

I tried this.  I dont see a "Create Shelf" item in SoftCopyReader.
The SoftCopyReader that I have is the java version from
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/applications/office/bkmgr/softcopyread.html.
Is this the one I should be using?

Mike Caughran
State of Alaska