> >1. that work done by a TCB is charged to the TCB and its home address
> >space (or enclave) EVEN WHEN it runs in cross memory mode in another
> >address space. I count cross memory time as "time spent in another
> >address space."
>
> I guess that we will have to agree to disagree as to whether it is the
> addressing mode[1] or the dispatching status that is relevant. But
> would you take it to the extreme of saying that code was running in
> CAS whenever it loaded an AR with an ALET for the CAS?
>
> [1] Loosely including PASN and SASN as part of addressing mode.

I don't understand your point. All of the time that elapses while
a given TCB is dispatched is charged to that TCB. Period. The issue
of whether that time is accumulated against the home address space
or against an enclave depends on whether the TCB is joined to an
enclave.

The addressing mode and current values of PASN and SASN are
completely irrelevant. If PASN<>HASN, then by definition you are executing
"IN" another address space (regardless of ASC mode) but
all of the time you accumulate is still charged to your TCB.

Now if PASN=HASN, but SASN<>HASN then technically you would be
considered to be executing in a cross memory mode (again, regardless
of the ASC mode) but you would not be considered to be executing
"in" another address space. PASN is all that matters in that respect.

CC