The Linux cryptographic driver is called z90crypt, and the source code for
that driver has been available, open source, in the Linux kernel for a
number of years now.  Just look for z90crypt source at your favorite
kernel source download site.  The IBM download site is located here:

   http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/linux390

The z90crypt driver is loadable via modprobe, or you can compile it into
the kernel.  You can do a cat /proc/driver/z90crypt to see status of the
driver and underlying hardware.  The various bits that sit on top of
z90crypt (libica, openCryptoki) are also available in open source form.
(OpenSSL can use these libraries.)  See:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencryptoki

You may also want to look at the manual entitled "Linux on zSeries Device
Drivers and Installation Commands" which has a little more detail on
z90crypt.  I can't say I've looked at the z90crypt code at all, but
hopefully this info will give you some assistance.

- - - - -
Timothy F. Sipples
Senior Software Architect, Enterprise Transformation
IBM Americas zSeries Software
Phone: (312) 245-4003
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (PGP key available.)