On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:52:05 +0100, Perryman, Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>I want some types of STC to have their output immediately purged, assuming
they complete successfully

If by "complete successfully" you mean don't abend or get a JCL error, then
a conditionally purged sysout class will work fine.  However, if the STC
ends with a "bad" return code in any job step, it will still purge.  I have
a JES2 exit 40 that implements conditionally purged processing by return
code.  If any job step ends with a return code higher than 4, the output is
kept, otherwise it is purged.  If you want a copy, shoot me an email.

>The second question then, is there a way in JES or RACF that will let me
stop non-production users writing to certain output classes?

If you can identify "non-production users" by looking at fields in the
PDDB, exit 40 can also be used to change the sysout class for bogus
requestors to a class that doesn't get archived.

Dave Danner