On Sep 21, 2005, at 12:00 AM, Ted MacNEIL wrote:

What else can it tweak to get this to compile?  Is the

program just TOO
large?

Fire the programmer! (Maybe a bit too harsh?)

Hasn't anybody heard of MODULAR?

-teD

At the risk of getting things thrown at me... this program might explain some of the reluctance to hire 30-year veterans of programming from the neighboring thread.

There are a number of old-timers whose formal training consist of "the Call verb is Evil!" and "Michael Jackson says goto is cool!". I'm not saying all, or even a majority, of old-timers would write such a thing, but no PFCSK with an ounce of training would write such crap. Your chances of avoiding monolithic garbage like this are better the younger the programmer.

And I would say firing is not harsh enough.

Anyone that writes a 309k line module should be dipped in honey and strung up over an ant hill next to the person at Micro$oft that invented that damn paper-clip.