Mark Zelden wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 16:11:43 -0400, Bob Rutledge <deerh...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Mark Zelden wrote:
If you really want the generic search character added to the PREFIX command,
yes.  You need to turn on UPRO1GPF.  I have

****************************************************************SY00090
00654130
*                                                               SY00090
00654140
* This code sets the flags that append the generic search       SY00090
00654150
* character to prefix, hold and status commands.  This requires SY00090
00654160
* z/OS SDSF 1.9 + UK44476.                                      SY00090
00654170
*                                                               SY00090
00654180
****************************************************************SY00090
00654190
         SPACE 3                                                SY00090
00654200
         OI    UPROFLG1,UPRO1GPF+UPRO1GHO+UPRO1GST
SY00090X00654210
                                   Set all three indicators.    SY00090
00654220

So the doc in the APAR text and sample code are wrong?  Don't say it's
so.
I won't. SDSF maintenance had it right this time.

PK79932: NEW FUNCTION - ADD GENCHARS TO JOBNAME ON ST AND H COMMAND

Bob

No, I don't think they did if what you say is correct.   I'll cut/paste the
APAR ++HOLD ACTION below (which doesn't say anything about UPRO1GPF).
It also matches the cover letter.  So how did you find out about UPRO1GPF?

++ HOLD(UK44476) SYS FMID(HQX7740) REASON(ACTION) DATE(09061) COMMENT (****************************************************************
     * FUNCTION AFFECTED: SDSF                            (PK79932) *
     * DESCRIPTION      : Other                                     *
     * TIMING           : Post-APPLY                                *
     This PTF allows an installation to optionally append the generic
pattern matching character to the job name parameter entered on he ST and/or H command. Please see the enhancement hold that accompanies this PTF for the details on this new function. To enable this new function, the installation must use an SDSF initialization exit to turn on bits specific for the command (ST or H or both) for which this new behavior is desired. There are two new bits in the ISFUPRM flag UPROFLG1: UPRO1GHO - Turn this bit ON to enable this function on the SDSF H command. UPRO1GST - Turn this bit ON to enable this function on the SDSF ST command. Sample exit ISFUSER can be updated as shown here to enable the new function on both the H and ST commands: . . . CALLTYPE B INITCK INITIALIZATION B CMDCK COMMAND CHECK B DSPCK DISPLAY SYSOUT CHECK B EXIT EXIT PROCESSING B PRESAF PRE SAF AUTHORIZATION CHECK B SAFINDET SAF INDETERMINATE CHECK B ENTBUILD TABLE ENTRY BUILD EXIT B POSTSAF POST SAF EXIT EJECT **************************************************************** * * INITIALIZATION USER CHECK SECTION * **************************************************************** SPACE 2 INITCK DS 0H INITIALIZATION USER CHECK OI UPROFLG1,UPRO1GHO Enable GENCHAR on H jobName OI UPROFLG1,UPRO1GST Enable GENCHAR on ST jobname . . . ISFUSER must then be compiled and linked into the SDSF SISFLOAD library and SDSF must be re-accessed.).
Bob (Richards) indicated that he wanted the generic character appended to prefix, I pointed out that the PTF in question was for something else. Or at least that was my intention.

UPRO1GPF came along in 1.9 and is documented in the SDSF manual (9.2.2 in the 1.9 level).

Bob