On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:40:58 +0000, Ted MacNEIL wrote:

>Ron Hawkins wrote:
>>So based on that it would seem that IOSERV=TIME is no longer

I think you mean IOSRVC, a parameter in IEAIPSxx.

>>honoured and IO Service Units are always based on EXCP count.
>>It also corrects my 6500* 128 calculation - it should be 65.
>
>I honestly don't know, but the last doc I looked at was circa 1.7
>& and the distinction of COUNT/TIME was still there, with nothing
>saying 'no longer honoured'.

This note appears in the Summary of Changes to the Initialization and Tuning
Reference for z/OS 1.6:

<quote>
Beginning with z/OS V1R3, workload management (WLM) compatibility mode is no
longer available. Information about WLM compatibility mode has been removed
throughout this document, including descriptions of the IEAICSxx parmlib
member, the IEAIPSxx member, and many options of the IEAOPTxx member.
</quote>

IIRC, IEAIPSxx is not used when in goal mode..

--
Tom Marchant