On 1 Sep 2009 22:51:02 -0700, ds...@hotmail.com (Dave Salt) wrote:
>A while ago I mentioned on this forum that a friend of mine works for a company that >is considering a conversion from DB2 on z/OS to Oracle on z/Linux. I asked if anyone >had any opinions on this, and Frank Swarbrick pointed out that Oracle Access Manager >(which is the link between z/OS and z/Linux) has been "finalized" at version 10.2. I >passed this information on to my friend who passed it on to his management, and as a >result they are no longer interested in this option (many thanks to Frank for saving them
>going on a wild goose chase!).

Just to clarify any confusion that might result here, Oracle will be supporting
the current 10.2 release of its z/OS product (including Access Managers for
CICS and IMS) _indefinitely_, including testing with new releases of z/OS,
CICS, IMS, and of the Oracle database (running on other platforms, such
as z/Linux). Customers with questions about this should contact Barry Perkins,
VP Oracle Modernization & Oracle Integrated Solutions, at 650 506 2747
or email barry.perk...@oracle.com.  Barry has been involved in Oracle's
MVS products for many years and understands the issues involved.

/b