I'll be glad to share the JCL, the EXEC, as well once I get it to work. Still
unable
to get the tape to go from step to step. Here is JCL from step 1 to step 2.

 //DISKZ      DD UNIT=3390,DISP=SHR,VOL=SER=DB0033
 //TAPEZ      DD DSN=PDR.TSTBKP.DB0033(+1),
 //          DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),UNIT=TAPE92,
 //          DCB=(IPOBAK.PATTERN.DSCB,BUFNO=10),
 //     VOL=REF=PDR.TSTBKP.AIG002,LABEL=(35,SL,EXPDT=99000)
 //SYSIN  DD DSN=PROD.PARMLIB(DR100),DISP=SHR
 //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
 //SYSPRIN1 DD SYSOUT=*
 //SYSDUMP  DD SYSOUT=*
 //ABRMAP   DD SYSOUT=*
 //* End of Step
//DuMP2  EXEC PGM=FDR,REGION=8M
//DISK1  DD UNIT=3390,DISP=SHR,VOL=SER=DB0034
//TAPE1  DD DSN=PDR.TSTBKP.DB0034(+1),
//          DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),UNIT=TAPE92,
//          DCB=(IPOBAK.PATTERN.DSCB,BUFNO=10),
//          LABEL=(36,SL,EXPDT=99000),
//          VOL=REF=PDR.TSTBKP.AIG002

This is the latest iteration which just dies off the jump. I'm sure it has to
do
with the fact I'm using GDGs with (+1). When I was using a refer back to
DUMP1, TAPE1 and RETAIN it was dropping the tape after step one and dying.

As I said, I'm happy to share any of this and should have made an update. Mea
Culpa!