On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:10:47 -0400, Rob Schramm <rob.schr...@siriuscom.com>
wrote:

>Now granted in the promise land of all things java, programmers are
>supposed to be programming logic and leaving plumbing up to those that
>know how to do it (too many acronyms to list.. BPL comes to mind)  But

LOL!!!! Never in my life I have seen code that is soo much low-level
tinkering as when I look at the Java code that is floating around here...

Vivan COBOL/CICS! At least there I do not have to worry about getting a
connection to the database, to MQ-Series, etc. etc. CICS does all that for
me. The same cannot be said for Java; even when run in CICS.

Jantje.